- Dave is the 2013 recipient of the Boehringer Ingelheim New Investigator Award
- Welcome to the lab, new members: Cortney Cavanaugh, Cole Cruz, Jeremy Griffin, and Kaila Margrey
- Andrew Perkowski's manuscript on anti-Markovnikov additions of carboxylic acids to alkenes is accepted for publication in J. Am. Chem. Soc.
- Tien Nguyen's alkene anti-Markovnikov hydroamination paper is accepted for publication in J. Am. Chem. Soc.
- Dale Wilger and Nate Gesmundo's manuscript on Catalytic Alkene Hydrotrifluoromethylation is accepted for publication in Chemical Science.
- Michelle Riener's paper on lignan syntheses via [2+2] alkene cycloaddition reactions is accepted for publication in Chemical Science.
- David Hamilton and Tien Nguyen's ACS presentations were highlighted in a C&E News article.
- Congratulations to Jean-Marc Grandjean, who was awarded a UNC Dissertation Completion Fellowship.
- Jean-Marc Grandjean's paper on polar-radical cycloadditions is accepted for
publication in Angew. Chem. Int. Ed.
- Undergraduates Taylor Lammert and Namita Manohar join the lab.
- NSF pre-doctoral fellow Nate Romero joins the lab.
- Dave Hamilton's paper on the anti-Markovnikov hydroetherification of alkenols
is accepted to J. Am. Chem. Soc..
- Dave Nicewicz is named a 2012 Packard Fellow.
- Post-doctoral researcher Dale Wilger joins the lab.
- Graduate student Mary Zeller joins the lab.
- The Nicewicz Laboratory receives NIH funding for cation radical-mediated reactions.