- Peter Morse's Manuscript on Oxazoline and Thiazoline Synthesis is accepted for publication in Chemical Science.
- Mary Zeller and Michelle Riener's Paper on Butyrolactone Synthesis is accepted for publication in Organic Letters.
- Dave earns an NSF Career Award.
- Dave is selected as recipient of the 2014 Amgen Young Investigators' Award.
- Dale Wilger, Jean-Marc Grandjean and Taylor Lammert's paper on the anti-Markovnikov addition of mineral acids to styrenes is accepted for publication at Nature Chem.
- Nate Gesmundo's article on the synthesis of endoperoxides via cascade reactions of dienes is accepted for publication in Beilstein J. Org. Chem. for a special issue on photoredox catalysis.
- Kaila Margrey is selected as a National Science Foundation Graduate Fellowship Honorable Mention Awardee.
- Tien Nguyen and Namita Manohar's publication on the synthesis of phenethylamine derivatives via organic photoredox catalysis is accepted for publication in Angew. Chem. Int. Ed.
- Our Synpacts article on anti-Markovnikov alkene hydroalkoxylation is accepted for publication in Synlett.
- Our Viewpoint article on Organic Photoredox Catalysis is accepted to ACS Catalysis.
- Dave is the 2013 recipient of the Boehringer Ingelheim New Investigator Award
- Welcome to the lab, new members: Cortney Cavanaugh, Cole Cruz, Jeremy Griffin, and Kaila Margrey
- Andrew Perkowski's manuscript on anti-Markovnikov additions of carboxylic acids to alkenes is accepted for publication in J. Am. Chem. Soc.
- Tien Nguyen's alkene anti-Markovnikov hydroamination paper is accepted for publication in J. Am. Chem. Soc.
- Dale Wilger and Nate Gesmundo's manuscript on Catalytic Alkene Hydrotrifluoromethylation is accepted for publication in Chemical Science.
- Michelle Riener's paper on lignan syntheses via [2+2] alkene cycloaddition reactions is accepted for publication in Chemical Science.
- David Hamilton and Tien Nguyen's ACS presentations were highlighted in a C&E News article.
- Congratulations to Jean-Marc Grandjean, who was awarded a UNC Dissertation Completion Fellowship.
- Jean-Marc Grandjean's paper on polar-radical cycloadditions is accepted for
publication in Angew. Chem. Int. Ed.
- Undergraduates Taylor Lammert and Namita Manohar join the lab.
- NSF pre-doctoral fellow Nate Romero joins the lab.
- Dave Hamilton's paper on the anti-Markovnikov hydroetherification of alkenols
is accepted to J. Am. Chem. Soc..
- Dave Nicewicz is named a 2012 Packard Fellow.
- Post-doctoral researcher Dale Wilger joins the lab.
- Graduate student Mary Zeller joins the lab.
- The Nicewicz Laboratory receives NIH funding for cation radical-mediated reactions.