Research in the Alexanian group focuses on the general areas of reaction development and chemical synthesis. Our studies are driven by the discovery of new and useful forms of chemical reactivity which can be harnessed for the development of powerful transformations and strategies for synthesis. Our studies emphasize catalytic transformations employing easily accessed substrates and common molecular functionality. Complex synthesis is also a focus of our group, as the remarkable array of unique architectures that nature provides can inspire us to develop creative solutions to challenging problems in synthesis.
Thanks for visiting our website! Please check back again soon for updates.
News & Events:
- Andy has successfully defended his graduate thesis. Congratulations Andy!
- Congratulations to James on graduation, Carolina class of 2013!
- The group welcomes Alex and Frank as undergrads to the lab.
- Kayla has successfully defended her graduate thesis. Congratulations Kayla!
- Ryan has won an NSF GRFP award. Congratulations Ryan!
- Our Enantioselective Intermolecular [2+2+2] Cycloadditions of Ene-Allenes with Allenoates paper has been accepted by Org. Lett. and is available online. Congratulations Andy and Rahul!